“What do I believe that I deserve in this life? I think I deserve something beautiful.”― Elizabeth Gilbert, Eat, Pray, Love
This past weekend I witnessed multiple beautiful things in Salt Lake City for the wedding weekend of one of my best friends from college. On so many different levels my heart felt love and beauty as the weekend went by and I want to share these moments and experiences with you.
1. Nature: The wedding was at the Soltiude Resort in the mountains of Utah. I honestly can’t put into words how amazing it is there. The trees, the leaves, the wildlife, the stars, the moon, the clouds, the silence and the purity of it all take your breath away. I was in awe the entire time! I stuck my head out of the car window the entire ride back down the mountain taking it all in just one last time.
2. Commitment: My friend and her now husband were together for 8 years before they tied the knot and you can still tell how much they love eachother when they look into eachother’s eyes today. They wrote their own vows and they were beautiful! There wasn’t a dry eye in the place! They put into words what I think we all dream of in a committed relationship. All bases were covered: loyalty, commitment, love, honesty, patience, admiration, you name it. And, by the tones in their voices, and the looks on their faces you could truly tell they meant every word they spoke to one another.
3. A Mother’s love: My friend’s mother is one of the most beautiful women I have ever met! She lives life to the fullest, she has a wonderful sense of humor, she has one of the biggest hearts, she isn’t afraid to shed a tear regardless of what it represents and she raised the most beautiful daughter! Watching her all weekend and seeing her love for my friend pour out of every smile, every hug, every stare, every action was inspiring! I know that if I ever get married one day, my mother will look the exact same and I’m lucky to have a mother like that. That kind of love is beautiful and an honor to have witnessed.
4. Friendship: This weekend was full of old and new friendships. I nurtured 2 of my best and longest friendships and am about 20 friends stronger now that I’m home. I witnessed friendships of others and saw new friendships being created for them as well. It’s amazing how quickly you can relate to someone new and it suddenly feels like you have known them your whole life. You create a beautiful bond that fills empty holes that, prior to that moment, you never knew you had. With each thriving relationship and each new friendship you learn more about who you are, more about who you want to be and more about what you want from life.
5. Music: Music on it’s own is beautiful! But, I have to admit, listening to music for 3 hours during a reception at a wedding is one of my favorite things in this world because it allows you to dance, to express yourself as much as humanly possible and to make a fool of yourself in the meantime. Watching others do the same is beautiful to me 🙂 The happiness that exudes from someone while they dance makes me smile!
I could probably go on and on, but I’m going to stop myself. This quote above is from my favorite book. And I don’t think I ever really focused on these particular words until today. It’s true, I deserve something BEAUTIFUL…in every facet of my life. I deserve beautiful friendships, beautiful relationships, beautiful scenery, beautiful music, beautiful love! And I intend to live my life in search of only the beauty found in everything. That’s what we all deserve. Not all circumstance or realities appear beautiful at first glance, but I truly believe that there is beauty in EVERYTHING if we look hard enough. Just writing this makes my soul come alive, I can feel it. Think of how much happier and more alive you can feel when you see the beauty in everything versus the negative.
Thank you Felice and Caleb for allowing me to realize all of this last weekend, to realize that I deserve something beautiful and for letting me be a part of such a beautiful and precious moment in your lives!Felice, it’s as if you were born to be a bride…you were as beautiful as the day is long my love! Your heart and your soul inspire me! Thank you for teaching me about love, friendship, beauty and commitment! I wish you nothing but a lifetime of love, happiness, beautiful memories and good heath!